[TR] UHS

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Feb 17 06:19:54 MST 2010

In a message dated 2/17/2010 2:38:18 AM Central Standard Time,
anabil007 at comcast.net writes:
> Unintended Honking Syndrome, on our 1970 TR6, pushing or pulling on
> the steering wheel causes the horn to honk, not too often at first,
> but getting to be very annoying and embarrassing.  I have heard there
> is a supposedly simple fix, but can't find any reference.

Wow, either you're up really late or you're up really early.

The most common cause of this syndrome is the plastic sleeve for the carbon
bush that contacts the slip ring.  This sleeve inserts through the steering
wheel under the horn push and keeps the carbon bush from contacting the
steering wheel electrically but the plastic degrades over time and crumbles
away.  This allows the bush to contact the steering wheel completing the
circuit and sounding the horn.

Pop off the horn push and you will see it right there.  Moss lists it as PN
560-430 at $8.95 retail.  TRF part number 143760.

Enjoy.

Dave