[TR] TRF - poor business practice

Brian Lanoway blanoway at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 16 09:14:46 MST 2010

I need to apologize first, and then ventwith the hope that it may help
other TRF customers avoid this situation.

I returned a set of carpets (worth in excess of $300) to TRF before
Christmas.  Six weeks later, and despite several phone calls, I still have
not had a refund applied to my credit card  a transaction that takes
minutes in almost all cases.

TRF (Level 2) claims that my refund is working its way through their
system  again, for a transaction that would take minutes with almost any
other vendor.  IMHO, this really translates to were using your cash to
finance our operations without your permission and were giving you a lame
excuse in return.

Im not sure why a 6 week wait for a refund is acceptable under any
circumstances.  Using someone elses cash this way may be good for your
finances, but bad for customer relations and retention; which should be even
more important in these hard times.  I hope that there arent too many of us
on this List financing their operations this way.

I have been a good and faithful TRF customer for years.  Im not sure that I
will continue to be so.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent  something I normally try to avoid doing
on the List.

Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6
Winnipeg, Canada