[TR] TR tr -3 part number

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 09:30:51 MST 2010

As a general rule, the key supplier to the (former) UK motor industry for all
types of timing chain was Renold. There were others, but Renold was usually
the preferred supplier. It's still in operation and I have heard will make
special one-off chains providing someone comes up with a minimum order
quantity though this could mean two or three hundred chain sets?. Not too sure
on the accuracy of this piece of info, but I *believe* the Stag Owners Club in
the UK got Renold to make a stock of replacement timing chains for its members
as many of them had experienced 'nasties' from other suppliers. I've also
heard that if you can obtain exact measurements, single and Duplex chains
emanating from BMW are often felt to be vastly superior to the stuff coming
out of India and Taiwan.

Jonmac