[TR] fuel smell

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 13 11:44:18 MST 2010

Hi Allen,
When restoring my 59 TR3A I was aware of this situation from several other
owners.
I remedied the problem by mounting a very nice looking brass valve in the
back panel in the boot. (Lowes plumbing dept) The hose connections go right
through the panel where I connected a hose coming from the open vent tube to
the top of the valve and a length of tube to the exit port of the valve.
When in the garage I turn the valve to off. This eliminates the fuel vapors
from permeating the garage. Just remember to turn it back on to open the
tank venting.
Alex
59 TR3A