[TR] Fuel smell

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 15:33:51 MST 2010

Dear Listers;

I'm trying to eradicate the smell of fuel from my TR3A. I can't park the
car in the garage because the smell of fuel then gets into the house. I've
gone  through every fuel line, I've renewed the fuel pump, inspected and
adjusted the  carbs, renewed all gaskets and I know there are no fuel leaks.
However, the  smell persists, so I have to relegate the car to the farm
equipment shed and  this poses a logistical problem with moving equipment around,
etc.

The other day I was reading an old copy of the TRA magazine and it said
there will always be a slight smell of fuel from a sidescreen TR because of
how the fuel breather is designed.

Has anyone tried to overcome this?

Tim