[TR] electrical outlet on a TR3A

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:47:17 MST 2010

ahh.  reminds me of my first radio (72 chevy neg ground in a pos ground
car) install on the TR2. Thought it was cool that I had a cigarette ligher
powering the radio (to be 17 again!)  During a rainy test drive the radio
fell off the transmissoin hump and it contacted metal.

All the magic smoke left the radio and wiring immeadiately - pity the TR2
top does not let smoke out as fast as it lets rain in.....

There was a bit of excitement as we found the shoulder of the road.   My
sister hated me for this - but come to think of it - she always did.  so I
can't say it degraded our relationship....

Chris

63 TR4
54 TR2