[TR] electrical outlet on a TR3A

John A. Wise 60TR3A at cox.net
Thu Feb 11 09:54:44 MST 2010

I bought an after market electrical outlet (a cigar lighter w/o the lighter
piece) to install in my TR3A.  I am installing it so I can use my GPS when
needed on longer trips.  My question is (because the package did not said &
the guy at auto parts place was as clueless as I) should the central touch
point at the back of the socket or the walls of the socket get the hot wire???
I am assuming for electronics like a GPS it would make a difference.

I have an Adv Autowire system with a negative ground.

Thanks

John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ

1960 Triumph TR3A