[TR] Bummer Day

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Feb 8 06:18:01 MST 2010

In a message dated 2/7/2010 11:54:35 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> Should be no problem putting a Helicoil (or equivalent) in there.  My
> local
> full-line auto parts store (not Kragen, etc.) carries them, or any
> industrial supply should have them.
> http://www.mcmaster.com/#91732a926/=5q0kw9

Another alternative is to just take it to a machine shop and have them do
it.  I was all set to buy the kit from McMaster-Carr (about $50) when I found
a hole-in-the-wall machine shop who put one in for $17.50.  It should be no
trouble finding one who will do it for twice that amount.

Dave