[TR] Bummer Day

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sun Feb 7 17:27:51 MST 2010

Getting the engine ready to drop on the chassis.   Ran into a problem...

One of the bolt holes at the bottom of the front plate is stripped.   It is
one that is in the front sealing block - p/n 55810.   Part is no longer
stocked at TRF and not referenced at Moss.

I will look through my boxes of parts to see if I have a spare, but...

Any suggestions?   Can it be filled and re-tapped?

I do have a complete spare engine but I would rather not tear it apart for
this one part.

thanks
Carl
Carl - Tampa
1961 TR3A TS81802LO
Body Off Restoration
Completion Date: NATC 2010 (Jekyll Island, GA)
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/
(I need to update my pictures; 11/27/09