[TR] pressure sandblaster tips?

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 3 16:17:16 MST 2010

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 02:28:49 pm Gary Nafziger wrote:
> Cleaning up tr-3 fenders:  I purchased a harbor freight pressure blaster
>  and within half hour ruined the nozzle last summer (ball valve just wore
>  out by sand going through it).  I wasn't really happy with the blaster as
>  it seemed to work intermittedly.  It would  blow very well but then seem
>  to get plugged or almost plugged at times.

snip,

Gary,

For items larger than my cabinet, I got a Sears blaster for around 50$ before
I started my TR4 restoration about 6 years ago.

It is gravity fed and the gun works like a siphon.

I use black beauty media only and it works great.

I did replace the media hose because it was cheap rubber and kept cracking.

I got some neoprene hose from Lowes and it never clogs up.

I have blasted a TR4 frame, body tub + all body panels and last summer did the
same on my current TR6 project.

The nozzles are ceramic and last quite awhile. I think I have used 3 to 4 over
the years.

Here is a link:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00916706000P?keyword=sand+blaster

I use a single stage 220V 60 gal 7HP upright compressor.

Bob