[TR] relays -to use or not to use

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Feb 1 00:14:45 MST 2010

Gary O'Hagan wrote (I think):

> But what do I do with the  A/C connector?

That's where your dash override switch goes, if you want one.  Otherwise,
just tie it off and leave it alone.

Michael Porter wrote (I think):

> >> With a little imagination, you could probably work out a
> system for
> >> the electric fan so that the fan runs with the ignition off until
> >> the fan thermostat cuts out, but won't run with the
> ignition switch
> >> off if the manual override switch is on (that might take two
> >> relays, though).

Easy with the DeRale kit.  Connect the yellow wire to "always hot" (this
allows the fan to run anytime the sensor is above the set point); but power
the override switch from switched power (so it will only override when the
ignition is on).  Only caveat is to be sure the fan can cool the sensor, so
the fan doesn't run continuously on a hot day.

With a little more imagination, you could probably figure out how to put a
timer on the yellow wire, to limit the fan to running say 10 minutes after
the key is off.  But that seems way over the top to me, especially for a
lowly TRactor motor.

> >> Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within
> >> walking   distance....

Good advice, but far too late ... <G>

Randall