[TR] TR4 Engine Mount Question

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Wed Dec 22 20:08:50 MST 2010

James Henningsen asked:

Happy Holidays!  I have an early (Feb 62) TR4 that has rectangle front engine mounts like a TR3.  Is this correct for an early TR4 (CT5212LO) or should I have the round TR4 mounts?

My 1962 is CT6716LO and I bought it in 1966 and there were no signs the engine had ever been removed as it only had 16 000 miles. The engine mounts were the rectangular ones. The frame certainly does not seem to be any type of modified TR3 frame as some have suggested. What would one look for to identify an extended TR3 frame?

Keith Stewart
1957 TR3
1962 TR4
1967 TR4A