[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 547

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Fri Dec 17 14:44:54 MST 2010

John,

It sounds as if you know how to change it back to where it needs to be, but
if you don't you can remove the pedastal, then reach in with a long needle
nose pliers and lift the drive gear away from the cam, then rotate agbout
180 degrees and re-engage it with the cam.

As you lift, the drive will rotate (helical gears), then rotate back the
other way when you re-engage it.  It usually takes me 2-3 tries to get it
right (rotor pointing to #1 cyl with #1 at TDC on compression stroke).

-Tony