[TR] 65 TR4 Distributor issue

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 15:36:11 MST 2010

I thought I had the engine sorted out, but no ....

The distributor drive popped out at speed last week - exciting  to stop dead
on HW 101 north of San Francisco.

I now discover that it was never properly seated. The Drive slot is correct
according to the picture in the service manual. But the dist. in out of
alignment and only fully engages 180° out  with #1 piston on the compression
stroke.  I'm missing something crucial here, but danged if I know what it
is.

Amazing that I drove as much as I did without  proper engagement of the
dist! Incidentally, this is a Mallory dual point.

I hope someone is "listening" because this is the last day of good weather
for some time and for the time being I'm working in the driveway.

Many thanks

John