[TR] Rear oil leak - is this a first?

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Sun Dec 12 09:21:43 MST 2010

Dear all - having stripped all in preparation for TR2 engine removal to deal with my rear crank oil leak, I decided to remove the clutch inspection plate to make sure of the source before all that heaving out. As I removed the plate, what should fall out but a large core plug, I am guessing the one from the rear of the camshaft. Is it likely THIS is actually the source of my woes, and has anybody come across this before? I guess I will still have to remove the engine, but should I now leave the crank seal alone?
Regards
John