[TR] Lucar/Luclar Connector Cleaning Brushes

Nolan opposumking at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 06:45:55 MST 2010

An alternative from an MG forum:

OK, Guys, you know those damned Luclar connecters, the ones that are
impossible to clean once they get a bit of corrosion in them? Well, I've got
a way to clean them up so you can replace them at your leasier. Brownells,
the gunsmith people, sell a trio of brushes designed to clean gas ports on
shotguns. They come in two sizes but the ones I use are #084-454-203, and
are 0.187 in dia with stainless bristles. They are 6" or so long with a
twisted wire handle. I bend a 90 degree bend in the handle so I can twril
them in the female connecter. The handle could be shortened and used in a
cordless drill if you have some way to hold the connecter. One of these
brushes should be in every onboard tool kit! BTW, I use my finger coated
with vasiline to put a coating on the male and female connectors to keep the
corrosion from coming back. Vasiline works on light bulb bases, too!
Brownells web site- http://www.brownells.com/Index.html