[TR] TR3 Door pull/cable question

cfmtr3a at verizon.net cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sat Dec 4 11:57:57 MST 2010

I plodding along on the project.

I have the door pull cable but I cannot figure out where it connects.
- I believe that I have some pieces of the puzzle missing.

The inner cable is 22" in length with a 'ball' at one end.
The door latch assembly has a lever when pulled retracts the latch from the striker.
The handle goes through and has a square post.

1) It looks like there should be something between the latch/lever and the handle.  (I am heading into the parts pile - I have some old latches somewhere)  I vaguely remember a 2 piece elbow thingy with a round fastener holding it to the handle and bolted to the latch.
2) where does the cable connect.
      a) evidently on the missing connector somehow
      b) but where on the other end
      c) and which end gets the ball

Anyone have a mechanism out of the car so that they can take a picture?

Ah - the missing widget...  it will create havoc on my existence....

Thanks
Carl