[TR] TR4A: Clutch fork and shaft

Cliff Hansen cliff_hansen at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 4 10:05:07 MST 2010

I'm replacing the fork and shaft due to a broken pin.  I was planning to crossdrill and fit a 1/4" bolt but noticed that some vendors are now selling a hardened pin.  Would using the hardened pin accomplish the same purpose as fitting the bolt?  I would appreciate any advice.

I also thought I'd share a positive experience with TRF.  The TR4A project has been stalled for a number of years but health, family and finances have aligned favorably once more.  I recently placed an order with TRF; my last order with them was in 2001.   The charge to my card was about $300 less than the cost of the order.  When I called to ask about the difference, they informed me that they had applied credits and a gift certificate that had been in their files since my last order - 9 years ago - and which I had completely forgotten about.  That speaks volumes about integrity and the value they place on their customers.

Cliff