[TR] Attaching aTR3A bow cover.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 3 21:46:23 MST 2010

I know at least one other person on this list has a cover for the top bows of his TR3A.  The common problem has been that the push the dot fasteners for the inside of the cover do not reach far enough to be attached to any logical site for a lift the dot post.

My solution was to drill holes in the middle top bow at the downside of the curve on each side, on the backside of the bow.  Then I screwed in sheet metal lift the dot posts.  It is necessary to insert the hinge area of the bows, in it's closed position, into the hinge pockets of the cover and stretch the cover under the bows to determine the correct positions for the lift the dot posts.  Remember, measure twice - drill once.  Make sure that the position of the posts will not conflict with the fabric of the top.  Once the posts are installed the cover fits like it is made for the car.

Best regards,
Tom