[TR] 1157 Turn Signal Bulbs

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 10:03:16 MST 2010

On 12/2/10, Alex <ambritts at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> This may sound silly, but if they have pins/studs on the side of the socket,
> make sure if they are staggered you are aligning them properly. I have
> encountered this in the past.

IOW, the little posts on the sides of the base are not at the same
point (so the bulb can only be fully inserted one way 'round).  Look
inside the socket to see which channel goes deeper as that gets the
post that is nearer the bottom of the bulb -- or just try one way then
the other until it works.

I use 1157s on those turn signals because they are also brake lights,
but do not know if yours is set up that way.

Geo