[TR] 1157 Turn Signal Bulbs

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Wed Dec 1 22:17:36 MST 2010

     I went to change the rear turn signal bulb on my TR3 and the old 1157 bulb fits fine and the new 1157 is too long and won't go twist in. What gives? It seems like any 1157 should be the same as the other 1157's, but it's not.
     I think that I bought them at Autozone. I haven't changed a rear turn signal bulb in 13 years. I can tell that I've been here before because I have about five 1157 bulbs of different makes that won't fit. That means that I have probably bought them from at least two different sources and probably ended up buying one from the big 3, but it is a distant memory.
     Are there different models of 1157 bulbs and which one fits a TR3?

     -Bill in Tehachapi