[TR] Proper crankcase ventilation - 1975 TR6

rtrickey at aol.com rtrickey at aol.com
Fri Aug 27 09:29:52 MDT 2010

Need some suggestions/guidance for ensuring the engine in my (new to me) 1975
TR6 is properly breathing.  The original emission controls for this car have
been altered and the only breathing the crankcase is doing is thru a hose from
the top of the rocker cover to a bTb connector and then to the base of the
two down draft webers.  There is no EGR valve or any other place where the
crankcase is ventilated.
There is oil in the carburetors and also some oil is blowing by the oil filler
cap on the rocker cover.  All of this can not be good for the engine and the
previous owner drove this car quite a bit.
What suggestions does anyone have for getting this engine to properly breathe.
Is there some simple setup with a PCV that can be used?  Thanks in advance for
your suggestions.
Rebe

=