[TR] use of overdrive

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 18:33:55 MDT 2010

I'd just bought a 1960 TR3A in 1972. I priced new tires (as it really
needed two)...and decided that I'd pass on the $200 it would cost for a
set of Michelin X radials, mounted and balanced. After all, I'd only
paid $125 for the car. I ended up buying two Dunlop Gold Seal 6.85 x 15
(Volvo size!) to match the two good rear tires.

I also remember when a Koni shock was maybe $25-30? I think that's what
I paid for the set I had put on my '70 GT6+ circa 1976.

Those were the days, my friend.... (Ok, it was all a lot of money to me
then!)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us