[TR] Optima - worth it for occasional use vehicle?

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Tue Aug 24 19:24:55 MDT 2010

Darrell,

I made the switch over to the Optima on my 1972 Triumph TR6.  I ended up with the proper size battery, make sure you shop around, and only paid $118.96 from Street Side Automotive 002 Group 34 red top battery in 8/2008 delivered.

I am sure we can get into a big discussion about good verses bad brands.  But for me, $119 for an Optima, $45 for some battery from Walmart, it was a no brainer.

Battery is connected all summer, I have a cutoff switch in the winter, and have never had an issue.

Had a friend of my wife's son in the car, turned on the driving lights for 30 hours, battery dead, jumped it, drove for 15 miles, never had a problem after that.

I am a big fan.

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6