[TR] TR3 Fan Belt

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 18:58:10 MDT 2010

Did the deed.  Pulled the front apron, radiator, fan, hub, and timing chain cover.  Replaced the oil seal, installed a Speedi-Sleeve (easy), and started buttoning things back up.  ...Except.

...Since the alternator conversion, I've found the stock wide belts are a mite too tight even at the best possible adjustment.  In fact, I have to disconnect the alternator and reinstall it with the belt threaded onto all the pulleys.  Do-able, but a pain (especially when Number 3 Son borrowed my crowbar to a friend's demolition party and forgot to bring it home).

Is there a source for these wide belts that are a tad longer, so it can be changed out without all that fuss?

New radiator and hoses, forgot to tape the threads on the bottom valve.  Oh well, I'll buy some plumbers tape tomorrow.

Did the John Wise heater conversion.  Hope to be warm for the first time driving to work in late October!

Back on the road probably Thursday.  Cheers!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire