[TR] Brake Fluid Reservoir

Joe DeMuth jdemuth at ties2.net
Sat Aug 21 13:32:09 MDT 2010

List, has anybody refurbished a TR3 brake fluid reservoir? I've got
one apart, I was surprised it came apart. The can looks good but it
leaked past the fittings on the bottom. It appears that the aluminum
washers have given up the fight. Could I use copper washers instead?
Also, there is a large (1 inch OD) washer on the brake side, inside
the can, but the clutch chamber did not have a washer. Does it just
seal to the bottom inside of the can using its rim as a washer. Seems
a bit iffy. I was thinking of putting a washer there, also. Any help/
ideas/advice is appreciated.