[TR] Leaking Push Rod Tubes on TR4A engine?

Q hdrider570 at att.net
Sat Aug 21 07:59:06 MDT 2010

I had the same problem with the Herald engine that uses the same design of pushrod tubes.  I tried some green lock-tite which helped but what cured it was reflaring the tubes.  I used an old, small drill chuck that fit inside of the flare and tapped repeatedly with a hammer.

I had removed the head so I did both sides but you could try doing it on one side with the head still installed on the car with the pushrods removed.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA