[TR] Leaking Push Rod Tubes on TR4A engine?

Ben Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:59:50 MDT 2010

I've got about 700 miles on my TR4A after its rebuild.  I've been
tracking down some oil leaks and it seems I've got oil leaking from the
push rod tubes in the head.  I reached that conclusion after installing
one of Justin Wagner's silicon valve cover gaskets and degreasing the
head.   Oil reappeared only around the pushrod tubes.  Anyone have
experience with this?  I had the head gone over by a machine shop - new
valve guides, valve job, etc.  They cleaned it, but did not hot tank it
due to a prior experience with the tubes dissolving.  When reassembling
I did not add any sealant specifically on the tubes.  Overall, the
engine's not a horrible leaker but I'd like it to be better.

Thanks for any advice.  Ben.....

--
Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler at gmail.com