[TR] TR6 embarrassing horns

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Sat Aug 14 22:34:44 MDT 2010

Greg,

My TR6 developed that problem at a most inconvenient time...while
running the autocross at VTR in Richmond.  Looked pretty stupid
driving the course and having people think you're honking the horn so
my next run I used my turn signals on the turns just to make them
wonder what kind of idiot I really was....just kidding.  Turned out
the wire soldered to the brass contact plate that the horn button hits
when you push the horn had come loose but would make contact with the
steering rod whenever I turned and it would ground the horn.  Took the
green wire fuse out until I could solder it back in place.  If memory
serves you have to do the soldering in the car so you're need one of
those little butane gas powered soldering tools to make that easier.
Weller makes the one I use and it develops a nice hot tip that will
actually melt the solder and its a good size (fits in one hand) for
wiring.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net