[TR] radiator duct material

Brian Jones tr4zest at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:03:39 MDT 2010

Terry,
Whether you go with aluminium or other material, I would suggest you first
fit the replacement duct to your car so that you may see what adjustments
are needed for the best fit for your bespoke upgrade, then use the
relacement as a pattern, with adjustments noted. I wish my duct were 0.5"
deeper so there would be a better 'seal' at the radiator. Maybe my rad
mounts slightly further back than others? We know these cars were less than
uniform. Don't blindly copy the replacement part.

If I were to make one in aluminium, I'd rivet on draught-excluder bristle
strips to provide the seal to the rad yet allow the engine to move without
bashing the aluminium.

It will be a productive project, I think.

Cheers,

Brian