[TR] OFF SPEC. IGNITION SWITCH

Biedermann, Frank (SACE Board) FrankB at saceboard.sa.gov.au
Thu Aug 12 20:17:00 MDT 2010

Hi Michael,

Please forgive me if I confuse you further, but not all TR6s had an ignition
lock on the steering wheel. Certainly my '69 RHD petrol injection model
didn't. If the ignition switch is located in the switch plinth (along with the
choke and heater controls) above the gear stick, then it may well be correct.
I don't know when/if there was a changeover to integrated ignition
switch/steering locks in European models, though. And I also don't know if
yours is a LHD or RHD - if it's a LHD and the ignition switch is on the left
of the steering column mounted underneath the dash then it's not correct...

Hopefully someone else knows some of the missing details...

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide, Australia