[TR] Moving (was Re: Impossible to reply or contact)

Bob Wanderer rawanderer at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 09:57:09 MDT 2010

John,
Find out if the cars are going to stay on the same truck that initially picked them up.  Depending on a number of factors (e.g. distance), your possessions may be transferred (with possible storage time between trucks) a number of times.  If so, this obviously increases the possibility of damage, etc. to the Triumph and Porsche.  Make sure you have theft insurance!

Have you investigated a dedicated car hauler?  There was an article in a recent VTR magazine  about a group that drove their Triumphs from California to Michigan and had a dedicated hauler bring the cars back (or perhaps it was vice versa).  Having only two cars may make it prohibitively expensive, but maybe you can include your daily driver(s) and fly to your new digs.

I moved three times (CO-NV, NV-WA, WA-PA) where I had my regular car (a 1987 Plymouth Horizon) brought by the movers in the same van as my household possessions.  I think I paid about $1000 each time.  I didn't own my vintage car (1974 TR6) until three years ago.

Hope this helps.

BobW