[TR] rear axles, CV joints

Janis Dabars jdabars at att.net
Mon Aug 9 15:37:58 MDT 2010

Go to web search  goodparts.com
LOTS of goodies for OUR kind of "bugies"

NOT
cheep for the rear----close to $2,000.
I also put in his recommended jap
diff.---more $$$$s
but what the hell--You do it only once.
Have a 76 TR-6 with
Vette LT2 motor and auto box,
Miata seats, Moss rear tube shock
conversion---the ones with
triangulation attachment  plates.  Have not driven
yet as still no rim/
tyre combination determined.  Have 15x5 super lite rims
also
four 2 piece alloy rims---2 each  15x6 for front and 2 each 15x7
for
back.  OK you 'GURUS", what combination of Verdensteen
tires and various
combination of rims should I consider/put on this modified
Triumph?
Do NOT
want to flare fenders.  Motor installation was accompished without
cutting/buggering the body, all looks stock with the exception of LARGE
diameter exhaust pipes and Borla mufflers---what a rumble when you step on the
gas---Like I sed---have not driven it cause of the rim/tire question.  Thanks
for your input.  I am crazy? but what the hell you do it once and forget your
expensive errors.  Some one told me---should have bought
a Vette ---to
run with the big dogs.
John, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA   "Racing Capital of
the World".