[TR] Replacing Fans on A TR3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 8 15:22:54 MDT 2010

> What am I missing. The manuals all talk about the whole fan assembly
> being factory balanced. All this talk of replacing a TR3 fan with a
> TR6 fan, shortened noses, etc. seems to imply that the balancing
> issue is not a problem. ??

It was the heavy, metal fan itself that needed to be balanced (in some cases
anyway, mine seemed to be OK without any weights).  The motor is still
balanced without it; and presumably the lightweight plastic fans (and fan
extension) do not need to be separately balanced.

But if you want to balance the assembly, by all means go ahead.

Randall