[TR] windshield removal TR6

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Aug 8 06:38:21 MDT 2010

In a message dated 8/7/2010 3:36:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
yellowtr3 at yahoo.com writes:
> trying to remove the windshield from a 73 TR6.
> have removed all the bolts from
> across the top of the dash
> removed the nuts from the bottom of the stanchions.
> the windshield is now movable if we push it back and forth, but 2 grown
> strong
> men (not me) cannot pull it up and out.
> have we missed a fastener?
> is there a
> trick?
> or are we just stuck on a little rust in the stanchion tubes and need a
> persuader tool?

Probably not rust but paint.  I think that in their haste they assembled
these whilst the paint was still soft.  The two times I have done this I have
had to completely remove the fixing bolts for the stantion receivers and
twist them to free them up.  This usually invloves removing the glove box and
the dash vent tubes and maybe some other stuff to gain switng room.

Good luck.

Dave