[TR] Help needed!

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 7 11:17:33 MDT 2010

Hi All,

Not exactly Triumph oriented but British none the less.

A member in our club in presently restoring (about 80% complete) a 1970
vintage British reproduction of a 1910 B-Type London Bus.

We believe this to be the only one in the US and the only others are in
museums in the UK.

Needless to say, he has some difficulty in acquiring needed parts and sourcing
information for the restoration. He is a retired journeyman machinist and
makes many of the parts he needs. (He is not on the internet or have any of
those new fangled contraptions......we're working on that)

Unfortunately, when it comes to rubber parts it gets even harder. The good
news is the few reproductions that were made, were made in the 70's.

We are presently trying to source a rubber sleeve, grommet type part with the
# P11-2803 that goes on the air cleaner for the engine. The engine is a 4
cylinder diesel Leyland (tractor engine we believe), vintage 1970.

If anyone has any sources of information on this type engine and associated
parts, please advise asap.

For your enjoyment, I have attached a link so you can see what it is and looks
like. This vehicle has quite a history and Classic Motorsports will be doing a
piece on it. Additionally, I will be placing the restoration story, pictures
and history on our club website in the near future. So if anyone wants to see
this, just drop me an email.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:B43OleBillatIWMLondon.jpg

Thanks in Advance,
Alex Manzo