[TR] TR4 clutch mc hard pipe.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 18:43:03 MDT 2010

> Trying to fit TR4 brake and clutch master cylinders to my TR2 project
> and have a couple of questions about the clutch mc hard pipe. Is this
> pipe a larger diameter (3/16" vs. 1/4") than the brake tubing or hard
> pipe?

I don't recall the crossover point, but the fitting on the MC did get one
size larger at some point.

> Also questioning the type and size of fitting on the clutch mc
> connecting the hard pipe. I assume it is a female fitting and wondering
> if they are available (without the whole pipe) anywhere?

I believe so, but be sure you get the 'British' style.  The proper nuts have
a short unthreaded section at the tip, which can be seen at
http://tinyurl.com/3xm2nbd
(scroll down to the nuts)

That link appears to be one source, but I was able to find them at my local
auto parts store.

-- Randall