[TR] TR4 gas tank panel board

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Wed Aug 4 20:10:08 MDT 2010

I just finished re-installing the gas tank after having it cleaned and
sealed.  I bought a new replacement panel board and also purchased 8
screws, 8 washers and 4 spire nuts for its installation.  I know the 4
spire nuts fasten to tub for the 4 bottom holes. On the 4 holes across
the top it looks like there are just 4 screws and 4 washers.  What do
the screws fasten too?  Do they just screw into the cardboard panel,
or ?

The earlier TR4s didn't use the top 4 screws, they apparently came
into use sometime later in the TR4 production run.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brad
1963 TR4