[TR] TR4 brake&clutch mcs.rebuild kits.

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 4 18:02:56 MDT 2010

On Wednesday, August 04, 2010 12:43:20 pm Angelo Graham wrote:
> Hello List:
> Picked up some rebuild kits for the brake and clutch m/cs. for the TR4
> style individual cylinders/reservoirs. Trying to figure out how the
> spring/piston assemblies come apart to fit the new seals. Any tips on
> how to release the piston from the spring? No instructions with the kits
> and my first look at these cylinders.
> Thanks for any help with this.
> Angelo Graham

Angelo,

This sort of hard to describe but I will give it a go.

After you remove the piston/spring assembly from the mc body, look at where
the spring buts against the piston. There is a black piece there that the
spring sort of fits on. What you have to do is carefully pry up the metal tab
that is pressed into the bottom of the piston groove - the real small diameter
part. Once you do this the spring will come off. When you are ready to re-
assemble, just put it back and press in the tab. The tab holds it all
together.

Remember, this assembly is spring loaded so be careful when you pry up the
tab. Hold the spring in  your hand so it doesn't go flying off in to the land
of lost parts.

Bob