[TR] summer party

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 3 05:02:46 MDT 2010

On Monday, August 02, 2010 08:53:18 pm Gary Nafziger wrote:
> One issue for me is the distance to summer party.  I hesitate driving my
> triumph because of the distance (and wife's comfort, a/c yadda yadda
> yadda).  However, it might help and be fun to have various caravans from
> different parts of the country driving to summer party.  People could
> connect/join the band all along the route culminating in one group in Pa.
>
> Might be more security in numbers with the possibility of plenty of tech.
> help in times of trouble.
>
> gary n.

Gary,

That is a great idea. Safety in numbers plus the sight of a line of Triumphs
driving down the highway would be great.

It should be easy to coordinate meet up points along the way without too much
delay for the final push into Armagh. Depending on city or origin, a central
location on the route could be agreed upon by the group passing through that
location. With cell phones, GPSs etc. it would be easy monitor the groups
progress on meet up points.

I am sure others have grouped together in the past and maybe they can chime in
on routes and communication etc.

I think anyone (like me) who has never been to the TRF party should keep this
in mind for next year.

Bob