[TR] Mark Joslyn's Triumph estate auction

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 12:53:37 MDT 2010

> Moss doesn't
> sell a complete kit, and I haven't had a chance to check TRF yet.

TRF has the kits, I bought and installed one as part of getting my TR3 back
on the road.  They apparently assemble the kit themselves, as some of the
parts were packaged for other cars.  And it did include the seal for the
diaphragm shaft, which wasn't in the 'official' AC kit I bought years ago.

> If nothing else I really should carry a spare pump with me.

I keep one of the little Facet electric pumps in the center of the spare
tire.  Much easier to press into service on the side of the road than a
replacement mechanical pump.

However, except for the old diaphragms not being compatible with
ethanol/MTBE, I've never had an original pump fail so badly that it wouldn't
get me home.  It really is an amazingly reliable piece of gear.

-- Randall