[TR] TR6 evaporative filter - function or setup question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Apr 28 15:50:27 MDT 2010

> What is the purpose/function of the device in the coolant line that
> has two hose nipples. I'm assuming it's a thermal "switch" but what
> should it be hooked up to? ( 72 TR6)

Basically, it blocks the vacuum signal to the vacuum retard module, when the
engine starts to overheat.  One port has a line to the vacuum retard module
on the distributor, another has a line to the carb port (under the rear carb
as I recall), and the third (if present) is left open to the air.

Here's a factory blurb with a photo & more details:
http://tinyurl.com/2el4fmz

-- Randall