[TR] Replacement transmissin synchro problems -

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 11:19:11 MDT 2010

TRF seems to have sorted the problem with the rings for the TR2-6.  I bought
some from them a few years ago, and they seem to work fine.

But I have no idea about the smaller rings used on Spit & GT6.

Something else to be aware of, the force required to move the shift ring
away from the center of the hub is important to synchro operation.  Most
people apparently don't check or adjust it; but that is where the force to
operate the synchros comes from.  I've never torn apart a gearbox that
didn't need new springs and/or more shims.

-- Randall