[TR] TR6 brake booster in a TR4

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Sun Apr 25 19:57:40 MDT 2010

On the TR4 we recently purchased from Mark's estate it had a TR6 brake
booster assembly mounted with the pressure differential valve install.
 The installation is complete with the exception of the booster hose
running from the booster to the intake manifold.  The intake was
missing from the car when we purchased it so I'm not sure if it was
modified or was a stock Triumph item.  The brake booster hose fitting
is 3/8" diameter.  The long branch intake manifold that I plan on
using with the HS6 carburetors has a 1/2" nipple on it that I'm
guessing was originally used for emissions.  Would this port work in
conjunction with a proper adapter and check valve for operating the
brake booster?

Thanks,

Brad