[TR] 57 TR3 Finally on the road and a brake question

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 14:44:51 MDT 2010

On 4/23/10, jeremiah at curryclan.net <jeremiah at curryclan.net> wrote:
> ...When I went to drive the car the other day, the brake/clutch reservoirs were
> empty (or at least nearly so)...
> ...My question is, where could the fluid have gone?  my first thought was the
> master cylinder, but if that was the case, I would have expected one of the
> baffles in the reservoir to be low...

If you're thinking that the leak is not in the brake system since both
reservoirs were emptied -- be aware that it is not uncommon that a
leak that drains one reservoir compartment will eventually drain the
other... i.e. the separation that should exist between the clutch and
brake portions of that reservoir may not be effective anymore.

I would agree that if that much fluid went missing there should have
been a puddle somewhere (or better yet a puddle now).  In any case, if
the reservoirs were empty or nearly so then filling them isn't enough,
you will need to bleed the systems to assess if all is well.

Geo