[TR] Identifying Spitfire Cylinder head # TKC 2748( Now another Head and Block)

Bob Wanderer rawanderer at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 12:20:05 MDT 2010

SomeB non-USA car brands (e.g. SAAB) did not initially require catalytic
converters and unleaded fuel.B  Ditto for vans and trucks, even American
brands.B  I had a 1982 Ford E-350 (bought used in 1986) that did not have the
converter or the restricted filler tube.B  I could get only unleaded gas where
I lived then, which was northern New Jersey.B  I was very surprised when I
moved to Denver, Colo., in 1990 that I could buy unleaded regular at the
Diamond Shamrock (now Valero).B  B Of course, I have no idea if the heads were
"unleaded."B  When I sold the van in 1999, it had some engine issues which may
or may not have been caused by using only unleaded gas except for theB 3-1/2
years I lived in Denver.

BobW

Montgomeryville, Pa.

Member, Delaware Valley Triumphs