[TR] Independent air filter test

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Thu Apr 22 13:31:06 MDT 2010

Justin, Randall and list,

Did some searching around and found this test very interesting:  http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6

On Apr 22, 2010, Justin Wagner <jmwagner at greenheart.com> wrote:

Hey Randall...

Some racers don't use filters at all... just open velocity stacks. Some racers just put some mesh over their velocity stacks. Fact is, there's always trade offs between flow and the density/effectiveness of the filter medium. I could put a cork in my carbs and that would stop all the filter particles, much better than K&N's, but somehow, I think I'd prefer the K&N's.

Your boy looked through a microscope and determined it was filter particles? Gosh, a regular CSI story! Did he run it through one of those machines in his lab to determine if it actually had the same chemical make up of the filter?

You said, "The fact is that every independent test shows the K&N filters are inferior at keeping dirt out of the engine."

Can you provide links for "every independent test"? Or could you scan all the reports and data that you must have at your desk there? I'd love to see them...all of them! Also, I'd like to see the relative performance data too. Pleae make sure you get all of them. I'm curious to see the results of every independent test. I'd also like to forward them to K&N and see if they reply. Thanks.

--Justin

Message: 4