[TR] Brake Woes -

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 05:42:25 MDT 2010

Nope, definitely Silicon and only Silicon, none of the 5.1 stuff - can't
for the life of me figure our where the water would have come from - and I
use Silicon in everything I have except the 2002 Mustang, which has ABS and
specifies ONLY dot 3 or 4 (probably because of the aeration issues with
Silicon and the way ABS works in this vehicle)
At any rate I didn't switch that over, but everything else I have uses it -
I rebuilt that master when I put it in, using only Silicon fluid during
assembly, and the grease provided upon initial assembly and I could almost
accept that maybe my fingers had left some moisture under the grease.  But
there was just too much rust, the spring, retainer cup and rod were a
rusted, inseparable mass and the bore pitted...will surely have to
re-sleeve if I want to re-use it.  Had to use quit a bit of air pressure
just to get the secondary piston out -

Barry