[TR] TR air filters (K&N)

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 07:01:23 MDT 2010

Hi all;

I read the results of some research a while ago on air filters (not
necessarily TR-specific). Perhaps it was even on this list, I am not sure.
Anyway, the research results concluded that one cheap, easy and highly effective
filtering method is to fit a ram pipe with metal kitchen strainer material
over  it (like a tea strainer), then a piece of shop-vac foam over that, with
both the  strainer material and the foam secured with a jubilee clip. The
steel strainer  material stops the foam from being sucked down the ram pipe.

I'm using this on my TR now. I decided to richen the mixture a little due
to the increased air flow. I'm not in a position to tell you if this
filtering  method is a success or not; I was just following the recommendation from
this  research. I'll see if I can find where I might have it; can't
remember the  source.

Tim
Tim Dyer,  Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, ON K0A  1B0
Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association for
horticulture  professionals), the Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association, the
Ottawa  Botanical Garden Society, the Carleton Place Horticultural Society and
the  Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario