[TR] TR 250 carb woes

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Thu Apr 15 17:55:17 MDT 2010

At 05:21 PM 4/15/2010, you wrote:
>+1 on the Grose Jets.  The cure is worse than the disease.

As another data point, I have a 75 TR6 with Grose Jets.  The car
suffered from never being driven before I got it.  In my case, FWIW,
the valves were stuck shut.  I disassembled the carbs and soaked the
jets in a bit of solvent.  Put it all back together, and it runs like a top.

Maybe there were some bad ones, but there are some good ones out there too.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354